Search This Blog

Monday, May 4, 2015

Future

A graduation ceremony is an event where the commencement speaker tells thousands of students dressed in identical caps and gowns that 'individuality' is the key to success.
~ Robert Purvis
- - - - -
You might think that once you graduate, all your troubles are over.  You have achieved that educational credential and now you are ready for a worry-free life.  That is not true.  In fact, if you didn't know it wasn't true, you may not have learned as much in school as you should have.

For example, a couple of years ago when I finished my Ph.D., my troubles were only beginning.  They sent me the wrong sized tam for commencement.  First, I wrote to Ann. 

Me:  Ann, do you know anyone with a large tam?  They sent me the wrong size.
Ann: Tam it!

She made a few suggestions and then added.

Ann: If I see any random tams around, I'll let you know.
Me:  And I'll run by the Tam Shack on Welch and see if they have what I need.

My next attempt was to get another tam from the registrar's office.  I emailed Rose to find out if that would be a possibility.

Me:  How big is Kathy Jones' head?

Rose completely misunderstood my question and went on for pages and pages about Kathy's ridiculously huge ego.  I guess people try to help in their own ways.

But my point is, your problems are just beginning.  They are like wild beasts.  The best you can do is try to tam them. 


No comments:

Post a Comment