Search This Blog

Tuesday, May 5, 2015

People

Those that despise people will never get the best out of others and themselves.
~ Alexis de Tocqueville
- - - - -

I recently found myself in a cultural immersion experiment.  It was unanticipated but not unappreciated.

Me: Just stopped at nastiest gas station I've been in in a long time.  Worth it though because inside my stall it said, "Vikita + Cody 4ever."  Only "Vikita" was crossed out and someone wrote, "Big mouth [bad word, rhymes with barn door, dance floor or hardware store] who can't back her shit up."  I feel like that guy -- 

Leslie:  What kind of name is "Vikita?"

Me:  I don't know.  de Tocqueville!  That's who I feel like.  I'm the Alexis de Tocqueville of West Virginia!!!

Leslie:  Why would de Tocqueville be in a woman's rest room?

Me:  Did they have indoor plumbing back then?  You're missing my point.

No comments:

Post a Comment