Search This Blog

Friday, May 1, 2015

May

You have to have a big vision and take very small steps to get there.  You have to be humble as you execute but visionary and gigantic in terms of your aspiration...  it's not about grand innovation, it's about a lot of little innovations: every day, every week, every month, making something a little bit better.
~ Jason Calacanis
- - - - -
This is a restaurant in Ames, Iowa.  I like it there.  The food is pretty good and I like to eat there and watch people.  Or write.  Well, I did.  It's a little inconvenient to go there now that I've moved.
It made me think though - about how we use months to describe things.  May House probably isn't about the month of May, but we take our inspirations where we can get them.  A few thoughts...
 
March On
April Showers
May House
June Bug
September Morning
October Sky

A few less common phrases...

January Charley Horses
July Sweatfest
August Discussed Robustly
December Scrabble Tournament

Just you wait.  Give these a little time and I'm sure they may catch on.  And if not, if you give it a little more time, I'm sure you'll forget all about these.

No comments:

Post a Comment