Search This Blog

Wednesday, June 3, 2015

Duck

To listen is an effort, and just to hear is no merit. A duck hears also.
~ Igor Stravinsky
- - - - -
 
I used to have this duck.  It was pretty small.  It was made of glass.  Then I knocked it off a shelf and broke its head off.  I glued it back on, but I knocked it off the shelf again and it broke worse than the first time.
 
I learned some things from this.
 
1. This is why I can't have nice things.
2. I should not have a house with shelves or glass.  Well, maybe I can have one, but maybe not the other.  I think I won't live in a glass house because I like having shelves.
3. I'm really, REALLY glad it was a glass duck and not a real duck.  If I had accidentally knocked the head off a live duck, I would have vomited.
4. If I ever do get a live duck and keep it on a shelf, I will keep it in the bathroom like I did this little glass duck.  That way if I do accidentally knock its head off, I will already be in the bathroom.  You know, for the throwing up part.
 


No comments:

Post a Comment