Search This Blog

Tuesday, June 9, 2015

Work

Work harder on yourself than you do on your job.
~ Jim Rohn
- - - - -

My neighbors are having a garage built in their backyard which sits next to my bedroom and office.  There has been a crew of 5-8 guys there for the past couple of weeks or so.  They yell at each other a lot.  I think it's mostly because they can't hear each other if one is on the roof and one is on the ground or because someone is running a saw.

Anyway, the other day I came home from a walk and a sitting / thinking / writing session at the park and I heard the following...

Guy 1:  You disappeared when I told you what I needed you to do 
             up here!

Guy 2:  What?  What did you need me to do?

Guy 1:  I needed you to take care of them last eight windows.  And 
             then move this wire and then get that pole up here.

Guy 2:  Well, I've been working on other stuff.

Guy 1:  You're always working on other stuff when I give you 
             something to do.

Guy 2:  Hey!  I was the first one here yesterday and the last one to 
             leave!!

Guy 1:  Yeah, I know.  It's them in-between times that I'm more 
             worried about.

No comments:

Post a Comment