Search This Blog

Monday, June 29, 2015

Warm

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm the rest of his life.
~ Terry Pratchett
- - - - -

When I was growing up, my parents had a heating pad.  I sort of remember it was blue and teal and white. Maybe it had some kind of pattern on it.  Then they got one that was just sort of yellowish.  I could never get the temperature quite where I wanted it.  It was either too hot or not warm enough.  I am not convinced that they have improved heating pad technology, but I'm also not sure they have dedicated a lot of research money toward that.

LL: (using heating pad)

Me: Is it helping?

LL: It's not very warm.

Me: Turn it up.

LL: I don't want to get 3rd degree burns.

Me:  That's right.  That's the heating pad I bought - The Flesh Cooker 4000!

LL: (pause)  smartass.

No comments:

Post a Comment