Search This Blog

Sunday, June 21, 2015

Window

Remember even though the outside world might be raining, if you keep on smiling the sun will soon show its face and smile back at you.
~ Anna Lee
- - - - -

So one of the last times I was in Pittsburgh, I looked out the window and saw this.  It was dreary. I didn't mind so much, though. I was inside. I was with people I love. I was warm.

At one point we heard a police siren in the distance. Leslie said, "That's the police. You'd better behave or they'll come and get you." 

For the record, I was behaving.

However, that didn't stop the police from coming to the house. 

Leslie answered the door. 

Police: Hi. We're the police.

Leslie: Hi.

Police: Did you steal a guy's cell phone?

Leslie: No.

Police: Do you have teenagers who stole a guy's cell phone?

Leslie: No. I have an 88 1/2 year old mother.

Police: Did she steal a guy's cell phone?

Leslie: She's not here right now, but I don't think she's out stealing cell phones.

Police: Do you mind if we look around? The "Find My Cell Phone"
picture the guy got shows that it might be in your yard.

Leslie: Okay. I didn't know phones could do that.

Police: They can. Phones are pretty technological, ma'am.

Leslie: Was it a pay phone? I think I would have noticed that.

Police: No. Did I say it was a pay phone? If so, I misspoke.

Leslie: No. I don't think you did say that.

Police: So, we're going to look around your yard. Just didn't want to startle you.

Leslie: Okay. Good luck. There are teenagers in the neighborhood. They seem like the type of hooligans who probably steal cell phones.

Police: Thanks for the tip. Shall we lock them up?

Leslie: Only if there is a reward in it for me.

Police: There isn't.

Leslie: Never mind.

Police: Okay then. Have a nice day ma'am.

Leslie: Have a nice day police officer.

(pause)

This is a paraphrasing of what happened. I couldn't really hear everything that was said. 

My point is, windows come in handy.

No comments:

Post a Comment