Search This Blog

Tuesday, June 23, 2015

Snacks

I believe in a benevolent God not because He gave us the Grand Canyon or Michelanglo but because He gave us snacks.
~ Paul Rudnick
- - - - -

WARNING:  (I've never posted a warning on a blog before, but this one may be warranted if you have a weak stomach). Be warned that if you have a weak stomach you should be warned that this blog post might not be a blog post for you. Consider yourselves duly warned.  You're welcome.

One day I was sitting at Abernathy Park in Clemson, SC.  I like that park.  There is a place to sit where I go to write sometimes.  And I look at the water.  And I look at the boats.  And I look at the turtles swimming in the water.  

And there are people, but they usually just walk past on their walks and so there's no long-term commitment to engage with them.  That's the way I usually like my interactions with people to be.

Anyway, one day I was sitting at Abernathy Park in Clemson, SC and I saw two cardinals - a male and female - and a squirrel.  They were pretty close to me -- maybe 6 or 7 feet away.  And they were eating and then they'd leave and then they'd come back and eat some more.

It was a really beautiful sight.  The cardinals' colors were bright - the male's feathers and the female's beak.  Red and orange respectively.  And the squirrel had a white stomach and a fluffy tail.

The only thing that kind of ruined it was that they were snacking on what appeared to be human vomit.

No comments:

Post a Comment