Search This Blog

Thursday, June 18, 2015

Green

Each person you meet
is an aspect of yourself
clamoring for love.
~ Eric Micha'el Leventhal
- - - - -

Today is my friend Amanda's birthday.  She gave me warning that I needed to make sure to write her a birthday haiku.  For a while I used to write birthday haikus all the time.  Then I got busy.  Or lazy.  Interesting how those things can look different but produce the same results.  (pause)  Maybe just interesting to me.

Anyway, I don't want to disappoint her, so here goes.

Thought I'd blog a few
Haiku for her and for you.
Three lines rhyme...  DAMMIT.

Happy birthday to
Amanda!  Happy birthday.
To Amanda.  Done.

June birthdays are good.
Not as good as July 6th.
'Cause that's my birthday.

Wow!  Just realized
"Amanda Melita Green"
Is a haiku line!

And so Amanda
Moved me to write these haiku
Happy birthday, friend.


(now I need to get to work on those educational haikus I owe Joanne!!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment