Search This Blog

Friday, June 12, 2015

Miracles

The miracle is not to fly in the air or to walk on the water, but to walk on the earth.
~ Chinese Proverb
- - - - -

I love this. I agree with it. It's not about doing the supernatural or the superhuman. It's about doing the human. Being human. It is much more challenging to be fully present and to be fully engaged and to pay attention than it is to wish and work and try for things that take us away from being human.

Things like flying or walking on water. 

I mean, I'm not going to lie. If there was someone who did those things in front of me, I'd be impressed. But not as impressed as I would be with someone who was kind to me. Or to others.

That takes real effort and generosity. And the miracle of kindness is one of the greatest miracles there is. Or could be.

It is even greater than walking on water. Or walking on eggs. Or soybean oil. Or vinegar. Though if you walked on all of those things it could be a miracle, too.  Miracle Whip.

No comments:

Post a Comment