Search This Blog

Sunday, January 17, 2016

Beauty


Beauty is a form of genius -- is higher, indeed, that genius, as it needs no explanation.  It is of the great facts in the world like sunlight, or springtime or the reflection in dart water of that silver shell we call the moon.
~ Oscar Wilde
- - - - -

I wonder why we equate youth with beauty. Young things are not very smart. Not smart things are not very beautiful. Like if you're not smart and you try to touch fire you will burn your finger and that won't look pretty. 

Kirk: I think the baby looks like me.  Mainly cause Facebook keeps trying to tag him as either me or you.  (pause) You look like a baby.

Me:  I look SO young.

But if I WAS a baby, I wouldn't be able to have the job I do. I'm sure Kirk has one of the best babies in the history of babies, but he couldn't teach my classes. Yes, it's mainly because he couldn't open the door to the classroom.

No comments:

Post a Comment