Search This Blog

Monday, January 18, 2016

Memory


I've a grand memory for forgetting.
~ Robert Louis Stevenson
- - - - -

The other day I forgot to schedule a blog to post.  Actually two days in a row.  Then my mom texted me the message above.  She's nice like that.  

Oh... speaking of nice - since I've called her that a few times - I should explain her "heynicelady" moniker. It throws me off when I get messages from her because I always think the message is from Kirk's friend Bryan. When they were kids Bryan wrote "heynicelady" on a little decorative chalkboard my mom has hanging in the kitchen. That was, I believe, decades ago and it is still there. So I guess when Kirk and Jared were helping Mom set up her texting persona, that's what they all decided to go with.

Okay, so after this exchange my mom added, "Thanks for letting me know. I usually check your blog early, when I get on the iPad. I also want to see if I am a part of the topic for that day. Love you, Mom."

I told her she often IS a topic in my blog, but of course she already knows that.

My point is, it's good to have lots of ways to communicate with people you love, especially since on occasion we miscommunicate. Like when my mom texted me "CN ~h."  She said it was an accident, but I am pretty sure it was code for something about Cartoon Network or maybe science was consulting her for a name for one of the new elements on the periodic table. 

As Madonna said, "Life is a mystery."

(pause)

It is possible others said that, as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment