Search This Blog

Tuesday, January 5, 2016

Moist

The choking humidity makes amphibians of us all... breathing water in air; you learn to live with it, and you learn to like it, or you leave.
~ Gregory David Roberts
- - - - -

I know this post is titled "moist." The truth is that there aren't a lot of good quotes out there about moist because it isn't a favorite word right now.

That said, I took this photo when we were helping Granny move into her new apartment. She likes it there now. She plays Bingo two nights a week and cards two nights a week and watches the Steelers once a week. 

That's not my point. My point is that it is REALLY hot and humid - moist if you will - in her new apartment community. I told Leslie it is like a terrarium for old people.

If they were all in their 80s, it would be an octogenarium.

That would also be a good name for a book. 

They could also plant 80 of the same kinds of flowers there and have an octogerranium garden.

(pause)

I think I have more good ideas than the average person.

No comments:

Post a Comment