Search This Blog

Saturday, January 23, 2016

Journey


We don't receive wisdom; we discover it for ourselves after a journey that no one can take for us or spare for us.
~ Marce Proust
- - - - -
Eduvacation. I thought I was the first one to think that up.  I'm not.  I'm kind of glad because once I thought of it, it seemed like something other people should have thought of.

My post was going to be about taking time away to learn. I have heard a quote, "Sometimes you have to take a kid out of school so he can get an education." I thought it was Will Rogers or Abraham Lincoln who said it. I can't remember. After an extensive 2-3 minute search online I wasn't able to find it. That made me think that it could have been my friend Frank who said it. He is wise and funny and it seems like something he'd say.

Instead, my post is about the fact that I didn't come up with "eduvacation," I don't really know how to search things on the interwebs, and I have a bad memory.

Maybe I just need a plain vacation.  

(pause)

Or more education.

(pause)

Probably both.

No comments:

Post a Comment