Search This Blog

Saturday, January 9, 2016

Convince

If you can't convince them, confuse them.
~ Harry Truman
- - - - -

Leslie:  Pretend like you're Melissa McCarthy and I'm Helen Mirren's stunt double in Spy II and you have to rescue me.

This is how she convinced me to get in water last summer in Canada when the water was very cold.  It worked.  Well, I didn't rescue her, but Spy II is a movie, it's not real life.

Also, it was a little ironic five months later when we watched The Heat and argued over which of us was the Melissa McCarthy character and who was the Sandra Bullock character.  As much as I would have rather been Melissa McCarthy in that context, I think Leslie was right and a lot of the time I was more like Sandra Bullock.

Also, I probably am too easily influenced by movie characters.

No comments:

Post a Comment