Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 13, 2016

Education

Education is all a matter of building bridges.
~ Ralph Waldo Emerson
- - - - -

Kirk sometimes gives me advice.  Often it is not at all helpful.  I still like it, though.  Sometimes.

Kirk:  Do you like the course you're teaching?

Me:  I will like how I figure out to teach it.  

Kirk:  You should just use that movie where Michelle Pfeiffer teaches inner city youth.  I don't remember the name.

Me:  I know the movie.  I can hear the theme song in my head.

Kirk:  Just show that each class and at the end say, "What's your take away from this?"

Me:  That's a great idea.  Dangerous Minds?

Kirk:  "Now that you've seen this film seven times, what's your take away now?"  But don't get it mixed up with Dangerous Liaisons.

Me:  Or Danger Mouse.  Michelle P. was in Dangerous Liaisons, too.  And Dangerous Hairspray.

Kirk:  No.  Danger Mouse is good!

Me.  ALL her movies have dangerous in the title.  I never noticed that before.  Dangerous Scarface.  Dangerous and the Fabulous Baker Boys.  Dangerous Witches of Eastwick.  Wow.  She's actually been in a ton of movies.  Dangerous A Midsummer Night's Dream.

Kirk:  Welcome to Assessment and Evaluation of Higher Education through film.  This semester we will examine this topic through: Dangerous Minds, Dangerous Liaisons, The Killers of Sheep, Lion King, Dial M for Murder, The Crying Game, Big Fish and Basic Instinct.

No comments:

Post a Comment