Search This Blog

Friday, January 1, 2016

Knowledge

What I know of the divine sciences and of Holy Scripture I learned in woods and fields, by prayer and meditation.  I have had no other masters than the beeches and oaks.
~ St. Bernard of Clairvaux
- - - - -

Me: When was the Spanish Conquest?

Leslie:  I don't know...  The 1500s?

Me:  Oh.  That's when they - WHOA!!

Leslie:  What?

Me: They have the dates of the Spanish Conquest as February 15, 1519 to August 13, 1521. They know the EXACT days it started and ended?!

Leslie: Why are you looking at this?

Me:  Wikipedia.

Leslie:  I said WHY are you looking at this?

Me: Because Joe just said that there are hammocks at ISU too and wondered if this just started.  So I'm looking up the history of hammocks and they were documented by the Spanish in the 1500s.

Leslie:  Oh, of course.  I should have known that's what you were doing.

No comments:

Post a Comment