Search This Blog

Thursday, February 7, 2013

Birthday

I think, at a child's birth, if a mother could ask a fairy godmother to endow it with the most useful gift, that gift should be curiosity.
~ Eleanor Roosevelt
- - - - -
 
Today is Leslie's birthday.  She definitely is curious.  She wants to know everything about things.  When she helps someone looking for information, she gets as excited or even more excited about what they learn together than the person asking for help.  I think that is indeed a good trait.
 
I wonder if her mom ever forgot her birthday and just said, "Quit your whining!  I gave you the gift of curiosity!!!"  (pause)  Yes.  Knowing her mom, that probably happened.
 
And by curious I mean "eager to learn or know; inquisitive" not "exciting speculation, interest, or attention through being inexplicable or highly unusual; odd; strange."
 
(pause)
 
Or maybe people are complex enough that they can encompass multiple meanings of a single descriptor or trait.  Yes.  I think they are.
 
And also I think that if a father could ask a fairy godfather to endow it with the most useful gift, that gift should be to never have to find a horse's head in your bed when you wake up in the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment