Search This Blog

Monday, February 4, 2013

Insurance

Physically you are a human being, but mentally you are incomplete.  Given that physically we have this physical human form, we must safeguard our mental capacity for judgment.  For that, we cannot take out insurance; the insurance company is within: self-discipline, self-awareness, and a clear realization of the disadvantages of anger and the positive effects of kindness.
~ Dalai Lama
- - - - -

I am going on a trip in a few days, and I am very excited about that.  When I planned my trip, I realized that February weather can be unpredictable, so I got travel insurance.  It looks like everything will be fine, but I'm glad I got the insurance.  And I'd much rather go on the trip than get the insurance benefit.

It's too bad that if you life doesn't go quite as you planned that you can't get something called "life insurance."  

(pause)

Oh, wait.  I guess you can.  I meant if your life doesn't go as planned, but to a lesser degree than what current life insurance plans cover.

No comments:

Post a Comment