Search This Blog

Thursday, February 28, 2013

Seasons

Winter is not a season, it's an occupation.
~ Sinclair Lewis
- - - - -

You know, for someone who has not liked winter in the past, I kind of enjoyed this winter.  I use the past tense because I have decided that winter is over and spring is on its way in the next few days.

Anyway, I did get to go out and have some nice walks in the snow this year.  I got to experience some nice blizzards that did not negatively affect me in any major sort of way.  I didn't get 33 inches of snow like some people did, but we got a bit of snow.

But, enough is enough.  It's time for the snow to go away. 

Now it is time for spring to be sprung in the same way a spring springs out of a pen when you take it apart.  Just as that spring jumps out of one of those clicker pens, so much spring spring forth to turn the landscape green and other colors.  To bring the smells of spring - the ones smelling so much like spring that you know it's spring.

If we lived in Ireland, it would be Irish spring.  But we don't.  Instead, it will be Iowish spring.  Oh, I - oh - wish for spring.

See what happened there?

Plus when it gets to be spring I can go outside more.  I think maybe my brain has cabin fever.  Which is better than other fevers my brain could have.  Like "brain fever."  I'm not sure that's real, but if it is, that sounds pretty rough.  Or "disco fever."  If you have to have "disco fever" I am guessing the feet or legs would be the best place to get that.

No comments:

Post a Comment