Search This Blog

Friday, March 1, 2013

Ending

I tend to head for what's amusing because a lot of things aren't happy. 
But usually you can find a funny side to practically anything.
~ Dame Maggie Smith
- - - - -

Today is Friday.  The end of the week.  Just as the plant in this photo has withered and dried up, so has this workweek finished its time with us.  Now it is time for the weekend.  Which is what everybody is working for.  Except the Dowager Countess.  She can't be working for the weekend because she doesn't know what a weekEND is.  And also she doesn't work.

I think I'm drawn to Downton Abbey because their lives are so much like my own.  Like the time when I had to forego my family fortune because even though I am firstborn, I am not male.  Or the time that one of the footmen kidnapped my dog.  Or the time that the guest mysteriously died in my house overnight.  Or the time that...

You know what.  None of that happened to me.

But you can still call me Downton...  Maybe?

No comments:

Post a Comment