Search This Blog

Thursday, March 14, 2013

Healthcare

There is no medicine like hope, no incentive so great, and no tonic so powerful as expectation of something better tomorrow.
~ Orison Swett Marden
- - - - -

I have mentioned Downton Abbey before.  I am about to mention it again.

A while ago Leslie and I were talking about Sybil's untimely demise as a result of eclampsia.  I told Leslie that in a future episode the Downtons were going to start a campaign about safety in childbirth.  That they felt so strongly that women needed better healthcare that they even were going to re-name eclampsia to increase awareness of what could happen.  I told her they were going to call it "Sybillus."

She was not amused and gave me a look like one the Dowager Countess might have given if the DC were to say to me, "Vulgarity is no substitute for wit."

And if you didn't know the thing about Sybil before now, sorry.  But, I think it happened in like 1919 or something, so catch up.

No comments:

Post a Comment