Search This Blog

Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Words



Better than a thousand hollow words, is one word that brings peace.
~ Buddha
- - - - -

I was working on a project and it included using some of these Magnetic Poetry words.  In order to best find the words I wanted I sort of alphabetized them.  By first letter, at least.  It made me feel good to give order to so many words.  Some structure.  Some system.  

I don't know why I like things organized so much.  I have to be careful that I don't spend so much time getting organized that I forget to take the next step and create.  Or even to just be.  Structure is all good and whatever, but spontaneity is living.  At least to me. 

I probably kind of do that when I write, too.  I have to have some sort of idea in mind before I put words on paper.  I like that, "The pen is mightier than the sword."  It is interesting, however that it's not, "The words are mightier than the sword."  Because "words" and "sword" have the same letters.  

I have no idea what that means or why or if that is significant.  I'm just making observations.  I do that sometimes.  I do think, however, that if a "Wordfish" and a "Swordfish" got in a fight, the swordfish would win, unless the wordfish was able to convince the swordfish to become transformed into a plowsharefish - which I find unlikely.

No comments:

Post a Comment