Search This Blog

Saturday, March 30, 2013

Patience

The key to everything is patience.  You get the chicken by hatching the egg, not by smashing it.
~ Arnold H. Glasgow
- - - - -

The early arrival of spring based on the groundhog has yet to happen.  It has been colder than usual and definitely colder than a year ago.  Some people are very down about this.  They are ready for warm weather and sunshine.  I would like that, too, but I can't control it, so I will just wait until it gets nicer.

I do like to do things to help people, though.  I know my parents are getting older and old people are cranky and crotchety and impatient.  So, this year I am going to do something special for them.  In order to celebrate spring - the spring to come if not the spring we have right now - I am going to hide little surprises in their home  I am going to hide eggs around the house so that they can have a little chuckle about the Easter Bunny leaving them eggs.

And as an added bonus, I am not going to dye the eggs.  And I am not going to hard boil them.  That way, when they find them - in a few days or weeks or months - they case use them however they want.  They won't be bound to have hard boiled eggs.  They could fry them or use them in bread or they could choose to hard boil them later.

My generosity overwhelms me sometimes.

No comments:

Post a Comment