Search This Blog

Thursday, March 7, 2013

Ernie

You must try to generate happiness within yourself.  
If you aren't happy in one place, chances are 
you won't be happy anyplace.
~ Ernie Banks
- - - - -

When I looked down and saw this little Ernie in my shopping cart, it made me smile.  But then I wasn't sure how it got there.  I always liked Ernie.  He seemed a little irreverent and pretty easy going with a good sense of humor.  And I also enjoy rubber ducks.

And then I wondered how the Ernie got there.  If he had come to life and climbed into the cart. And if he would continue to show up unexpectedly tormenting me for all of my days.  And then I thought he wasn't so cute and it didn't make me smile so much.

Anything coming to life and tormenting you is scary.  Think about it. There are no exceptions to that statement.  The operative word being tormenting.

But don't think about it for too long or you won't sleep very well.

No comments:

Post a Comment