Search This Blog

Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Wayne

Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.
~ John Wayne
- - - - -

Leslie is coming to visit in a few days, and I suggested that we could take a road trip while she's here.

Leslie:  Where?

Me:  I don't know.  Maybe the SPAM museum?

Leslie:  How far is that?

Me:  I think two or four hours away.

(long pause)

Me:  Oh!  Guess what they're making into a musical?

Leslie:  I don't know.

Me:  The Bridges of Madison County.  Kirk told me he's going to make Jared go.

Leslie:  Oh no.

Me:  I told Kirk I was sad that they already made it because I think we could come up with some good songs for it.  Like, "Nope.  Not getting out of this truck."

Leslie:  I don't want to go see it.  That book was horrifically written.

Me:  We could go see the Bridges of Madison County - the actual bridges.

Leslie:  That might be nice.  I bet they're pretty.  Or - I suppose John Wayne's birthplace is in totally the opposite direction.

Me:  No.  It's in the same town.

Leslie:  I like John Wayne.

Me:  I know.

The moral of the story is, there are a lot of exciting things to see and do on daycations around Iowa.  I guess they're called day trips or staycations.  I like daycations.

Sometimes I take daydreamcations at work.  But it's weird because every time I go all the people I work with are there.

On a pretty much unrelated note, corned beef and cabbage gives me incredibly violent dreams.  It's probably the sodium.  Sodium violentathol.

This has been a rambly entry.  Much in the same way that one rambles around on a road trip or a daycation.  See how I brought this all full circle?  Words are fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment