Search This Blog

Friday, March 29, 2013

Chicken

I was eating at a Chinese restaurant downtown.  There was a dish called, "Mother and Child Reunion."  It's chicken and eggs.  And I said, "I gotta use that one."
~ Paul Simon
- - - - -

I love mailboxes.  I think it is interesting when people want to convert their mailboxes into works of art.  I think making art out of everyday items is a gift.

I am not going to say whether I think the person who created this chicken out of a mailbox was able to execute "good" art or not.  It is not my place to make that assessment publicly.  I'll just make it privately.

I do wonder what the mail carrier thinks about things like this.  If s/he ever gives thought at all to the types of mailboxes people have.  Maybe not.  S/he might be too busy with the mail.  I wonder if the people at this house leave Easter eggs for the mail carrier in the mailbox each year.  That would be kind of funny, but I hope the people who live there aren't disappointed since Easter falls on Sunday this year and there isn't mail service on Sundays.

No comments:

Post a Comment