Search This Blog

Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Perception





It is the function of art to renew our perception.  What we are familiar with we cease to see.  The writer shakes up the familiar scene, and, as if by magic, we see a new meaning in it.
~ Anais Nin
- - - - -
So I like the Rudolph special with Yukon Cornelius (whom I always want to call Klondike Cornelius.  Maybe that's his brother) and Hermie and Rudolph.  I like the story of those who are marginalized coming together to support one another and challenge the status quo and then save the day - even though it does involve the capturing and abusive training of the Abominable Snowman guy.
When I look at this photo, though, I am struck by something different.  It is as if I am the Abominable Snowman guy and Klondike is coming at me with his pickaxe and Hermie and Rudolph are watching on in horror as Klonkike - I mean Yukon Cornelius attacks me.
It's a little different from that perspective.
On a note only very loosely connected to this blog post, it is good that Anais Nin didn't marry a guy named Rodger Compoop and decide to hyphenate her last name.

No comments:

Post a Comment