Search This Blog

Thursday, February 21, 2013

Glass

I guess I just prefer to see the dark side of things. The glass is always half empty.  And cracked.  And I just cut my lip on it.  
And chipped a tooth.
~ Janeane Garafalo
- - - - -

This photo is one I took of a display on glass at the Heinz History Center in Pittsburgh.  I think this green glass boozing set is really, really cool.  I cannot make things out of glass.  I can't do glass blowing or glass etching or make stained glass.  I can make stained clothes and carpets.  I've yet to find a museum doing an exhibition of that kind of work, though.

I like that it is called "stained glass."  You usually think of stains as negative, but they don't have to be.  Except for that stain that used to be in the Tide-to-Go commercials.  Remember that?  But, hey, even that stain wasn't all bad.  I mean it was loud and interrupted and was difficult to understand, but it did make me laugh. 

(pause)

Maybe I like stains because they remind me of me.  At least the talking ones.

No comments:

Post a Comment