Search This Blog

Sunday, February 24, 2013

Bug

The difference between the right word and the almost right word is the difference between lighting and a lightning bug.
~ Mark Twain
- - - - -

So as I was sitting and writing my blog, something bit me.  It hurt and then it really, really itched.  I was trying to figure out what it was.  For some reason I decided it might be a bedbug.  I was not in bed when it happened, but I'm guessing that bedbugs don't really know the difference between a bed and a chair or a table or a book or a pair of scissors.  Anyway, I looked at the bite and then I googled "What do bed bug bites look like."

Now, I know what you're thinking - "Michelle, don't EVER look up medical photos online because they gross you out."  I realized the risk I was taking.  I went for it. 

First of all, medical photos online gross me out!  They can't just show A bite - they have to show some massive attack of bedbugs - or at least the results of said attack. 

Eventually, I was able to find what bites look like in a less repulsive image.  I was not bitten by a bedbug.  Apparently, bedbugs bite in threes and these are referred to as, "Breakfast," "Lunch," and "Dinner."  Clever, huh?

Anyway, you know how if you are going to sleep and then you find a spider in your sheets you just keep feeling like there are a billion spiders (and there probably are if it was a girl spider because they have like a billion babies and they're ALL IN YOUR BED!!!!)?   Well, when you see pictures of bedbug bites, you feel like you are being attacked by bedbugs.

Well, not you, but me.  Why do you always think everything is about you?

No comments:

Post a Comment