Search This Blog

Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Observing

The great advantage of being a writer is that you can spy on people.  You're there, listening to every word, but part of you is observing.  Everything is useful to a writer, you see - every scrap, even the longest and most boring of luncheon parties.
~ Graham Greene
- - - - -

I took this early last Sunday morning.  I think it was Sunday.  You can see someone walking across the street.  I wondered, when the person saw me taking a photograph if he or she (I don't remember if it was a man or a woman) thought I was a private investigator.  I don't remember where she or he was going, and if he or she got in a car, I don't remember what color the car was.  I also am not sure that the person was alone, but she or he might have been.  I can't remember exactly what time it was when I took the photo.  It doesn't look like anyone else was around, but maybe there was someone delivering newspapers when I was there.  I can't be sure.

I think I'd make a great private investigator.  I am not sure if the person in the photo saw me taking a photo, but I wonder if he or she thought I was one.  I also wonder how tall the person was and what color his or her hair was.  Maybe it was a bald person. 

Life is a mystery.

No comments:

Post a Comment