Search This Blog

Sunday, November 15, 2015

Decor

Some people think that the truth can be hidden with a little cover-up and decoration. But as time goes by, what is true is revealed, and what is fake fades away.
~ Ismail Haniyeh
- - - - -

As a kid, I loathed lawn ornaments.  They didn't make sense to me.  I didn't know why people would want to clutter up their yards with them.  I think it's because about four blocks down our street there was a house with a statue of a German Shepherd in front of the house.  For year - even decades - that dog sat there...  at about a 45 degree angle.  If you insist on having statuary in your yard, at least make it upright.  

But it would be better if you had plants or flowers in your yard.  Not decorations.

I accidentally ordered this garden gnome for my mom.  I meant to order her one of a gnome cutting up a pink lawn flamingo with a chainsaw.  Instead, I clicked on the other one and she got this gnome pooping.

Regardless, I like that she put it on display.  

Also, now I don't loathe lawn ornaments quite as much.  In fact one day I'd like to have a giant safe full of money as a lawn ornament in my front yard.  Now that I think about it, maybe I'll keep that decoration in my house.

No comments:

Post a Comment