Search This Blog

Sunday, November 22, 2015

Life


I have a personal ambition to live my life honestly and 
honor the true love that I've had and also the people 
I've had around me. I want to stay hopeful, even though 
I get scared about why we're even alive at all.
~ Lana Del Ray
- - - - -

So, I sometimes accidentally really listen to songs.  I usually hear lyrics and learn them well enough to sort of sing along.  Lots of time I don't really listen to the words though.

If you really listen closely to most songs, they will freak you out.  They are all written by creepsters.  Well, maybe not all.  A lot of them.

Have you ever really listened to "Stay with Me" by Sam Smith?


Guess it's true, I'm not good at a one-night stand
But I still need love 'cause I'm just a man
These nights never seem to go to plan
I don't want you to leave, will you hold my hand?

Oh, won't you stay with me?
'Cause you're all I need
This ain't love it's clear to see
But darling, stay with me

I'm no expert on Sam Smith or the relationship outlined here, but as I understand it, it is a one-night stand and then he says to the other person "you're all I need."
Wow.

He's right.  He really is NOT good at a one-night stand.

No comments:

Post a Comment