Search This Blog

Monday, November 2, 2015

Sandwich

Enjoy every sandwich.
~ Warren Zevon
- - - - -

My brother Kirk and I communicate in very different ways.  He likes to provide more detail.  I am more succinct.  But we know that about each other.

I find that I often provide a lot less detail than some people would like.  I can get on a roll when I'm telling a story, but not every day lends itself to as good a story as other days.  I'm sure that is because I don't pay enough attention.  I suspect every day really does have a pretty good story.

Kirk suggested the other day, "We should write a chapter [in our forthcoming wemoir - which is a memoir we will write together] about how I tell stories like Mom where you tell a story and I tell a story.  You:  I had lunch.  It was a sandwich.  Me: 17 pages about... Lunch."

No comments:

Post a Comment