Search This Blog

Saturday, November 28, 2015

Journeys

All journeys have secret destinations of which the traveler is unaware.
~ Martin Buber
- - - - -

The ways we get from one place to another depend on us, the environment, what we're trying to get to (or from), and so on and so forth. This is not true only of our physical spaces, but also of our knowledge spaces.  The ways we walk through information or engage with data or communicate to others depends on a lot of variables.  There are like books and stuff on that stuff.

It's important to think about how we work our way through the world - places, information, etc.  Being reflective can be helpful in that.  As an example, I share this exchange from a few days ago...

Leslie:  Are you just strolling through Facebook?

Me:  Did you say "strolling"?

Leslie:  I did.  I mean trolling.

Me:  Trolling?  No.  I don't troll people.  I may have been SCROLLING through Facebook.

Leslie:  I'm tired.

No comments:

Post a Comment