Search This Blog

Monday, November 9, 2015

Karma

My actions are my only true belongings. 
I cannot escape the consequences of my actions.
My actions are the ground upon which I stand.
~ Thich Nhat Hanh

- - - - -

Just the other day I was telling Leslie how there have been times in my life where I have been very angry with other people.  I am not sure I've been angry enough to do them personal and physical harm, but I have been angry enough that I wanted to slash their tires.

She asked me if I have ever done that. 

I said, "No.  But only because I'm worried about karma."

I think it's okay to sometimes NOT do bad things because you're worried about what might happen to you if you do.  If it keeps you out of trouble and keeps you from bothering others, that's a pretty good result regardless of your motivations.

Well, a few weeks ago I did something for which I was willing to take the karmic results.  I sat down at a computer at the library.  I was going to listen to Pandora while I worked.  I tried to log in and it said, "You are already logged in."

Well, I wasn't.  But someone was.  And they only had one station.  "One Republic."  I like One Republic.  I thought I would help the person out by adding some other stations.  I added:

1. Sound Effects: Apollo 13 Takeoff
2. Leonard Nimoy
3. Deep Blue Something
4. Phillip Glass Radio
5. Disney (Holiday)

I know there will be consequences for these actions.

And I feel like it was worth it.  Hopefully there's such a thing as "karmamusement."

No comments:

Post a Comment