Search This Blog

Friday, November 6, 2015

Door

In oneself lies the whole world and if you know how to look and learn, the door is there and the key is in your hand. No one else on earth can give you either the key or the door to open, except yourself.
~ Jiddu Krishnamurti
- - - - -
I am learning. Hopefully always learning. I am exploring a new approach to qualitative research - duoethnography. Well, new to me. Actually, pretty new in general.

Anyway, I have a couple of books I'm reading on it as I prepare to engage in it with a few people on a few projects. I talked to Leslie about it.  However, as I have mentioned occasionally, Leslie isn't always drawn to the literature I am reading.

What's interesting is that when I talk to her about some of it, she gets more excited about it. I guess if you're enthusiastic about a topic, you can make even six+ syllable words sound interesting to other people.

Of course Leslie has her own way of making things interesting. She keeps referring to it as "dynamic duo ethnography."

She's more right than she might realize.

Learning is awesome.


No comments:

Post a Comment