Search This Blog

Saturday, November 14, 2015

Leisure

The best intelligence test is what we do with our leisure.
~ Laurence J. Peter
- - - - -

Me:  (regarding watching RuPaul's Drag Race)  My life has been an empty shell of a life before this night.  Did you know that reptiles can do drag?

Kirk:  I know, right?!?!?

Me:  New show - Pete's Dragon Race.

Now... you might be asking yourselves what this photo, this quote and this conversation have to do with one another.  The reality is you might have quit reading this particular post (or blog) a long time ago.

Well, let me explain.

I got this book on research and was reading it for fun.  Well, for fun and to learn some things.  For me fun and learning usually have something to do with one another.

Then I was re-reading some exchanges with Kirk and found this one about how I spent some of my leisure time watching RuPaul's Drag Race.  And I put the conversation together with the photo.  I left it as a draft for a long time.  Then I came back to it and wrote this post.

Basically, these things are all connected because I threw them in the junk drawer of my mind together.  (pause)  There is some pretty cool stuff in there.  

Does that help?

No comments:

Post a Comment