Search This Blog

Sunday, November 1, 2015

Joy

When you rise in the morning, give thanks for the light, for your life, for your strength. Give thanks for your food and the joy of living.  If you see no reason to give thanks, the fault lies in yourself.
~ Tecumseh
- - - - -

Today is my friend Joy's birthday.  I think.  Unless she lied on Facebook.  But who would do that?

Anyway, she is a good friend.  She is the kind of friend who checks in on you randomly.  Who lets you know when she thinks of you - even if you are far away.

And I try to do the same with her.  

And we have nicknames for each other.  Well, we sort of share one nickname for each other: Pisshead.

Sometimes we use variations.  She likes to use "Pissbreath" but I think that is gross.

Anyway, the other day I was texting her and I said, "Hello, Pisshead."  My stupid phone autocorrected it to "Pissheart."

(pause)

Please tell me who would ever call their friend "Pissheart"?!!

Stupid phone.

No comments:

Post a Comment