Search This Blog

Saturday, October 31, 2015

Ghost

An idea, like a ghost, must be spoken to a little 
before it will explain itself.
~ Charles Dickens
- - - - -

I saw this walking home from campus a few weeks ago.  I LOVE seeing things like this.  Really.  I do.  The unexpected.  The surprising.  Something that doesn't necessarily fit with it's environment.  

Just to be very clear, I don't mean I love seeing ghosts.  I think that would freak me out.

But if this was a real ghost, would it be the ghost of a garbage collector?  A person who hunted for treasure in the refuse of others?  A trashy person of some sort?

I didn't speak to this ghost.  I didn't ask it to tell me it's story.  Was it because I didn't want people to think something was wrong with me?  I didn't want to be reported for talking to a piece of wood or art or a discarded beanbag toss game board?  No, that's not it.  To be completely honest, I just don't really like ghost stories.

No comments:

Post a Comment