Search This Blog

Friday, October 16, 2015

Journeys

All journeys have secret destinations
of which the traveler is unaware.
~ Martin Buber
- - - - -

Recently David and Michael made a road trip to North Carolina.  Well, it was recently-ago as I write this, but if I don't post it for a while it might not be so recent.

That's not my point.

What is my point, you ask?  Be quiet and I'll tell you.

So as they were planning their route, Leslie insisted that they not go "The DC way" because traffic would be too heavy.  They mumbled - I think it was agreement?  It may actually have just been them going, "Mumble, mumble, mumble."  They're the kind of guys who would do that.

About three minutes after they pulled out of the driveway I texted them.

Me:  Are you there yet?

Michael:  Yeah.

Me:  Speeders.  You went the DC route didn't you?!

Michael:  U no it.

Me:  Your mom is SOOOOOO pissed!

David: (four hours later)  We're actually hanging out at Mountaineer Mart like a couple of hooligans.

Kids.  You can't live with 'em and you can't send 'em on a roadtrip and expect them to behave themselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment