Search This Blog

Tuesday, October 13, 2015

Birthdays

The clock never stops, never stops, never waits.
We're growing old.  It's getting late.
~ Ben Folds
- - - - -
 
Birthdays happen.  Some people dread them.  Some people love them.  I make a big deal about mine via social media, but I really don't like to be the center of attention.  I like to be the periphery of attention.
 
But I do like it when people email me or send me a card to acknowledge my birthday.  I'm not always the best at doing that for other people, but I try.
 
The other day I was reading a post online.  A woman had thanked her significant other for a birthday gift.  Someone commented,  "Happy belated bs to you!"
 
I think they meant to say "bd" as in short for birthday, but I also hope that they said exactly what they meant.  The story behind that is probably pretty good.

No comments:

Post a Comment