Search This Blog

Monday, October 5, 2015

Art

Eleanor was right.  She never looked nice.  She looked 
like art, and art wasn't supposed to look nice; it was 
supposed to make you feel something.
~ Rainbow Rowell
- - - - -

The other night Kirk sent me a piece of art via text.  No comment, just a piece of art.  It was an image of a woman holding a child.  I wrote back and asked if it was O'Brien from Downton Abbey holding baby Herbert Hoover.  Kirk wrote back and agreed that is what it looked like.

Well, then I decided I wanted to see what it actually was.  I did some research and found out that it was "Mrs. Cephas Smith with Child" by William Jennys (1803).  I could post a copy of the artwork here, but I'm not going to.  You need to take a little initiative and look it up.  I took initiative to figure out what the painting was.  Seriously, I've done the hard part for you.  And seriously, it looks like O'Brien holding a baby Herbert Hoover.

No comments:

Post a Comment