Search This Blog

Saturday, October 3, 2015

Tail

In times of joy, all of us wished we possessed a tail we could wag.
~ W. H. Auden
- - - - -

Parents are weirdos.  I don't think that they think.  I mean, they say and do things and I think they fail to look at their behaviors or listen to their words in a context beyond their children.  

I'm not talking about focusing on things other than their kids.  Kids are important and the future and precious little angelpeople and blah blah blah...

I mean, think about your surroundings and how your comments sound out of context and stuff.  Just think.

Case in point...

The other day I was in target and a toddler and his mom and maybe his grandma? were shopping in front of me.  The kid kept pointing out animals and commenting on them.

Toddler:  Look at the monkey tail!!  Look at the tiger tail!!  Look at the doggie tail!

His mother looked at the grandmother and said, "Yep.  He's a little tail man."

I'm telling you, it just didn't sound right.

No comments:

Post a Comment