Search This Blog

Saturday, October 17, 2015

Cabin


If you're holding out for universal popularity, I'm afraid you'll be in this cabin for a very long time.
~ J.K. Rowling
- - - - -

Over the Fourth of July Kirk, Jared and Jared's mom spent some time at a cabin.  I asked Kirk where it was and how long they were going to get to stay there.  It looked nice in the photos he was sharing.

NOTE:  The cabin where they stayed is not the cabin in the photo above.  It was a different cabin.  On a lake and not on a disc golf course.  

Kirk: It's about 45 minutes north of us.  It's a congregant/friend of ours.  She gave us a week here for our wedding gift.

Me:  She is nice.  Did she meet me?

Kirk:  I think so.  She was at the wedding.

Me:  Did she tell you she wants to give me the cabin so I can spend a decade there?

Kirk:  No.  She asked that you not spend a decade there.  She's bossy.

Me:  dang.

Kirk:  Right?

Me:  congreCAN'T use my cabin.  That's what I'm gonna call her.  My life is ridiculously hard.

(more banter, about five minutes later this...)

Kirk:  HAHAHAHAHA
Kirk:  I'M STILL CRACKING UP ABOUT CONGRE-CAN'T.  I'm gonna use that all the time.

Me:  Maybe Jared could use that in one of his "holier than thou" lectures he gives.  Is that what they are called?  I forget your culture sometimes.  The specifics of it.  Your religious practices.  Does he ever mention me in his lectures?  Does he say nice things?

We went on to exchange messages for another 15 minutes or so.  Kirk never responded to my questions about whether Jared mentions me or says nice things about me.

Obviously, I'm assuming the answer to both questions is, "Yes."

No comments:

Post a Comment