Search This Blog

Sunday, October 4, 2015

Kids

A kid will run any errand for you, if you ask at bedtime.
~ Red Skelton
- - - - -

Isn't this image of a Cheerio in the rain sad?

Okay, let it go and let's move on...

And don't sing that song.  I know you're singing it in your head.

My point is that kids like things.  They like Cheerios because they can hold on to them.  It gives them some control.  But you want to be careful you don't give kids too MUCH control.

Like when my grandpa left the keys in the tractor and I was four or something and I apparently had watched him turn on the tractor, so I turned on the tractor and started driving it.

(pause)

I heard my dad tell me that story a ton of times.  I'm wondering now if it's true.  Can a four year old really drive a tractor?  Even one as perspicacious as me?

That's not my point.  My point is not to let kids think they run this place.  They do.  But don't ever let them know that.

No comments:

Post a Comment