Search This Blog

Monday, October 12, 2015

Futility

The gods had condemned Sisyphus to ceaselessly rolling a rock to the top of a mountain, whence the stone would fall back of its own weight.  They had thought with some reason that there is no more dreadful punishment than futile and hopeless labor.
~ Albert Camus
- - - - -

I saw this written on a wall.  It's kind of inspirational.  No.  Motivational?

It's kind of interesting.

I don't know.  I'm not sure what the purpose of this post is. Maybe it's without purpose.

I guess I will close by suggesting that if you must be futile you can at least try to do it in some way that isn't pointless.

Also, I think the gods condemned Sisyphus long before the rolling rock thing. I think he was kind of condemned as soon as he was named Sisyphus.

No comments:

Post a Comment