Search This Blog

Tuesday, October 6, 2015

Lunch

A crust eaten in peace is better than a banquet partaken in anxiety.
~ Aesop
- - - - -

I took this at a little restaurant where Leslie and I ate a while ago.  It's in Georgia.  It was good.  It reminded me of the Red Cup Cafe where we used to go sometimes.

I wish I was a good cook.  I can make food, but I'm not convinced that is the same thing as being a good cook.  Little known fact... I subscribe to Bon Appetit.  I like to read it.  I save some of the recipes from it.

However, I decided to let my subscription expire because the magazine too often calls for ingredients like oxtail or squid ink or hibiscus flower.  And I don't think you should eat those things.  Wait - I'm not the boss of you.  I don't think I should eat those things.

Of course, I could write a letter to the magazine expressing my concern, but I suspect their response would be something like:

Dear Michelle,

Ever think you may not be our target audience?

Love, Bon Appetit.

No comments:

Post a Comment