Search This Blog

Wednesday, October 14, 2015

Mind

Biology gives you a brain.  Life turns it into a mind.
~ Jeffrey Eugenides

- - - - -

I was reviewing text exchanges recently and I saw this from a conversation with Rachel.

Some of the message below I wrote is spellchecked and some is not.  The parts that are not spellchecked are probably not the parts you would think would be spellchecked. 

It's funny how we have so many tools for communication and yet we continue to misspeak - even when we are silent.  Our verbal skills are now blurred with our hand eye coordination and other motor skills as well as our knowledge of technology.

Anyway, I appreciate Rachel's response to my text.  It shows honesty and a willingness to try and understand how my mind works or what I typed or what I intended to convey.  And that's a gift.  And I'm grateful to her for that.


Me:  Want to fork the last section of Pikachu?

Rachel:  I don't know what that means.

No comments:

Post a Comment