Search This Blog

Monday, May 9, 2016

Barn

A jackass can kick a barn down, but it takes a carpenter to build one.
~ Sam Rayburn
- - - - -
I wonder if in olden times when the community would come together for a barn raising, if they did a better job on some barns than others. For instance, if they really didn't like Farmer Drumpf down the road if they did a lousy job on his barn, but they loved Farmer Buscemi and did a great job on  his barn. 

Or if there were some farmers who wanted really creative barns. I wonder if people ever walked by a barn and questioned the design or the purpose behind something non-traditional. The exchange maybe would look something like this:

Visitors: Hm. Is that how you meant for that barn to look?

Farmer MacGaGa: Baby, we just barn this way.

I wonder about a lot of things. Some things I won't ever know the answer to, I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment